I am 25 weeks pregnant! Oh my goodness, I literally cannot believe how soon Baby will be here. I am so excited to meet him, to see his face, and to hold him close. I am also hoping he stays nice and cozy until right around 40 weeks so that he stays healthy and Micah and I can get the housing situation figured out. Here’s the latest weekly survey.
- How far along are you? 25 weeks
- What size is baby? I’ve decided to use head to heel measurements moving forward since this is standard after 20 weeks. The 25 week average is 13.5 inches, 1.5 pounds, and the size of a rutabaga.
- Gender prediction? We are having a baby boy!
- Planning a natural or medicated birth? Natural
- How much weight have you gained? 16 pounds, right on track.
- Food cravings: Watermelon, star crunches, pork chops, popcorn, tomatoes, macaroni and cheese, chocolate chip cookies, fruit smoothies, and ice cream. When I get hungry, I tend to crave a random assortment of foods all at once. Don’t worry though, just because I crave the foods doesn’t mean I’m actually eating the foods.
- Maternity clothes? Other than some t-shirts which fit snuggly around the bump, I am nearly always wearing maternity clothes or flowy dresses.
- Exercise routine? I am giving new meaning to The Proclaimers’ lyrics “I would walk 500 miles.” I walk nearly every day and some days several times.
- Sleep Habits? Sleep is a disaster. Whenever I lay on my sides, Baby starts kicking like crazy, as if I am invading his personal space. I want to sleep on my back, but supposedly this is not recommended for preggie ladies. Consequently, I’ve been sleeping sitting up with 3 pillows behind my back and 1 beneath my knees. I wake up every few hours, and I actually think I’m starting to bother Micah who normally doesn’t hear anything when he sleeps.
- Best moment of the week? Watching and feeling Baby kick. I think he’s a ninja in training.
- Biggest discomfort of the week? While I’m quoting songs, in the words of Tom Petty, “The waiting is the hardest part.”
- Weekly wisdom? Enjoy this time with Baby! Though I’m starting to feel some aches and pains, I need to remember that this is a unique time in life and will soon be over. I love carrying Baby each day. We listen to music, I tell him about Jesus and his Daddy and Presley, and he gives me lots of kicks. Praise God for this miracle of pregnancy.
Here’s the latest bump pic.