Hey everyone! I lost internet service over the weekend, so this update is a bit late. Baby and I have made it to the final month of pregnancy! I cannot believe how quickly the days are passing. Here’s the 36 week survey.
- How far along are you? 36 weeks
- What size is baby? The 36 week average is 18.66 inches, 5.78 pounds, and the size of a large cantaloupe.
- Gender prediction? We are having a baby boy!
- Planning a natural or medicated birth? Natural. The doctor said Baby is head down at my most recent appointment so that’s positive news. I’m also already dilated 1-2cm which is exciting! I know that I could stay that way for weeks, but the doc said it’s unlikely Baby will arrive late.
- How much weight have you gained? 29 lbs
- Food cravings? Strawberry smoothies and orange creamsicles. Micah picked up some orange creamsicle ice-cream from the grocery store because he’s so thoughtful!
- Maternity clothes? I am always in maternity clothes. I miss my waist and the ability to wear cute sundresses. I also miss wearing my wedding ring! It’s so funny that when I was newly pregnant, I wanted the bump. Now I have the bump and all I want is to be slim again. I think I will miss looking pregnant in a few months because my belly amazes me each morning when I see it. Currently though, I am ready to return to my regular clothes.
- Exercise routine? Micah, Presley and I have been walking in the evenings in our new neighborhood. I love walking with the boys, I love that we live so close to a playground and a greenway, and I look forward to the day when Baby Sledge will be walking with us.
- Sleep Habits? Sleep is a disaster again, mostly because of the adjustment to the new house. Presley whines at night, the trains wake me up, though Micah sleeps through them, I use the restroom regularly, and heartburn is awful when I lay down.
- Best moment of the week? I’ve had several. 1) During my doctor’s appointment, Micah hid behind a curtain while the doc checked me, and it was hilarious. 2) My sister-in-law, Brooke, unexpectedly sent first edition prints from a Curious George book to hang in the nursery. 3) My church small group hosted a barbecue Friday night. We ate delicious food, played basketball, and talked until late in the evening.
- Biggest discomfort of the week? Heartburn
- Weekly wisdom? Enjoy snugs with Presley. He has been such a velcro dog lately, following Micah and me from room to room. He will still get snugs after Baby arrives, but his life will look a bit different since he has to share the attention.
Here’s the latest bump pic! Sorry the yellow background is gone and the chalkboard is on top of a pedestal. New house, new rules. I did manage to squeeze into my size 6 maternity jeans, so I consider the pic a victory.