Hey everyone! As most of you know, Denver Josiah Sledge has arrived!!! He is cuddly and wiggly and warm, and I am so thankful that God made me his mama. I am definitely behind on blogging, and I plan to catch up over the next week. Here is one last survey/pic to document the pregnancy journey, and then I’ll start posting about life as a mama.
- How far along are you? 40 weeks/1 week postpartum
- What size is baby? 8 lbs 11 oz, 21 inches long. I am astounded.
- Gender prediction? The ultrasound was correct. Denver is a boy!
- Planning a natural or medicated birth? The birth was NATURAL and painful. I will post Denver’s birth story soon.
- How much weight have you gained? Before delivery, 33 lbs. I haven’t weighed myself since.
- Food cravings? I finally ate a hot dog. It was delicious. Now I just need queso and a margarita to make up for the last 9 months.
- Maternity clothes? I am pretty thin again but not quite back to my usual size. My boobs are huge. Consequently, I still wear maternity pants/shorts and now Micah’s t-shirts. I am wondering when/if my wedding ring will ever fit again.
- Exercise routine? Breastfeeding, you would not believe how much energy this requires. I nurse Denver approximately 5 hours a day.
- Sleep Habits? I have a newborn, and he is nocturnal. Enough said. At least the trains no longer bother me.
- Best moment of the week? Finally seeing my sweet boy’s face! I can’t believe how perfectly God created him, with his little cleft chin, light brown hair, and big Browning feet.
- Biggest discomfort of the week? Stitches
- Weekly wisdom? God is bigger than comprehension.
Here’s the final bump pic! Forgive my terrible posture. Denver is so heavy, my back is killing me.
Denver’s birth story is coming up soon.
Thanks for reading!